Singer, songwriter, musician and now wife and mother, Ayiesha Woods is a multi-talented artist who has certainly made her mark in Christian music and ministry. She spent her early childhood living in Bermuda, where she attributes her roots for diversity and her eclectic musical pallet. We caught up with this GRAMMY and Dove Award nominated worship leader about balancing marriage and motherhood with a career in music.
What we talk about:
- Her first single “Happy” and how it exceeded her expectations.
- Living in Hawaii, and sharing memories of the Big Island.
- Early musical influences while living in Bermuda.
- The first song she had on the airwaves actually came after winning a radio contest!
- Being introduced to TobyMac and getting signed to Gotee Records.
- Ayiesha’s amazing husband and how they met.
- Being kept busy raising three boys.
- Starting her own independent record label.
- Watching her kids develop their own unique musical talents.
- Leading worship with her husband at church.
- “Once you go truck, you never go back!”
Explore the Faith Strong Podcast Network: