For our 24th episode we decided to go back-to-back with two “new” artists on the scene. And we put the word “new” in quotation marks because, well, they’re not really new to anyone. But Tauren Wells and Mallary Hope have had fresh starts on the Christian music scene in 2017; Tauren as a solo artist and Mallary jumping over from Country music. Tauren’s debut solo album “Hills And Valleys” came out in June, while Mallary’s self-titled EP dropped last Friday, representing her first venture into CCM!
Join us for some deliciously complex conversations about their careers (past & present) and their directions moving forward.
What we talk about with Tauren:
- Writing, producing and creating the musical sound of Royal Tailor.
- Early musical influences.
- The decision to leave Royal Tailor.
- Deciding to follow a career in music last year, despite being in a GRAMMY nominated band since 2012.
- Being a Pastor at his church in Houston.
- Starting Prisma Worship Arts School with his wife.
- Tauren’s inspiration when writing music.
- Touring with Lionel Richie.
- Advice to new Christian artists.
- Is it possible to balance family with a music career?
- His amazing family and expecting a new addition in December with his third child.
What we talk about with Mallary:
- Growing up in Georgia and singing in her Dad’s church.
- Dreaming of being a country music star from the age of 9.
- Touring and doing 150+ shows at age 16.
- Moving to Nashville at 17 with 50-75 songs already written, and getting a publishing deal with Sony Music.
- Surrendering her hopes and dreams to God and discovering her true calling.
- Being really excited when she thought she was coming to Canada on the upcoming Winter Jam tour!
- Her first meeting with her future husband Ryan on the day Michael Jackson died.
- Moving from Country to Christian music.
- Making music that truly touches people and the importance of singing for the Kingdom.
- Writing and recording Christmas songs.
- The scary health emergency for her baby daughter last Christmas.
Explore the Faith Strong Podcast Network: