This week we’re going Between The Grooves with the co-founder of the Toronto Mass Choir, Karen Burke. In this special one-on-one interview, we learn about Karen the educator, Karen the choir director, and Karen the singer. But, most importantly, we learn from her 30-years of experience in the music business and why being passionate about what you’re doing is so important to your overall success as an artist.
What’s In This Episode?
- Having a teacher’s heart and music education
- Working with her husband in production and publishing
- FACTOR and getting support as a Canadian artist
- SOCAN, marketing, and how to measure success
- Crowdfunding, social media, and demographics
- City Youth Gospel Project and Toronto Mass Choir
- Building a team and managing projects
- Faith and being consistent with who you are
- Gospel music and being flexible as a musician
- The new Toronto Mass Choir album “By Special Request”