We had a such a great conversation with GRAMMY nominated musician and record producer Dwayne Larring. He has spent a lifetime in Christian music that needs more than just one podcast to tell his whole story!
In Part One, hear how after coming to Nashville he quickly joined Natalie Grant on the road with the band Truth. Soon after he would meet future band-mates, including Jason Halbert and Jeff Deyo, forming the group SONICFLOOd, creating an entirely new sound on the Christian scene.
What we talk about:
- Sleeping patterns: musician life v. parent life.
- Growing up as a “musical evangelist”.
- Watching your kids grow up and develop their own taste in music.
- Making the decision to move to Nashville.
- Meeting Natalie Grant in 1995 and joining her on tour in the band Truth.
- Deciding to write songs “to” God, rather than “about” God, in SONICFLOOd.
- The changes in the music industry from distribution to promotion.
Explore the Faith Strong Podcast Network: