What does “look” and “image” have to do with music? Unfortunately, from a marketing perspective, a lot. Our guest this week Jennifer McGill (and her dog Baxter) learned that at a very young age. As a kid, she joined the cast of “The All-New Mickey Mouse Club” alongside names like Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Christina Aguilera. An experience she now looks back on fondly, but one that also lead her down a path of comparison, envy, and fear. On this episode of Between the Grooves, explore some of the perils of the entertainment business and learn how God gave Jennifer a new Unbreakable lease on life.
What’s In This Episode?
- Welcoming Jennifer (and Baxter!)
- Struggling with fear and slipping through the cracks
- Beauty standards and what it’s like in the industry now
- Life after Disney and adulting with God
- The shift into Christian music
- Meeting Michael Jackson and musical influences
- Potential record deals and not being “good enough”
- Advice on overcoming your fears and finding your voice
- American Idol and talent competition shows
- Starting from the inside out and allowing God to distribute us