This week’s guest on Between The Grooves needs no introduction: Brian Doerksen. We go in-depth with one of Canada’s best-known worship leaders and tackle some important topics, not only in worship music but also how we as human beings deal with grief and relate to one another. There’s so much to take away from this podcast and we’d love to hear your thoughts on any of the topics discussed in this episode. Leave a review on Apple Podcasts to let us know what you think!
What’s In This Episode?
- Being a pioneer in Christian music
- Why the best songs involve the listener
- Creative and critical thinking in the church
- Teaching and mentoring others
- Dealing with writer’s block and a season of deconstruction
- Having a bone to pick with modern worship
- The importance of relating to each other
- Making room for downtime
- Thoughts on retirement and passing on your knowledge