This week on Between The Grooves, Jordan St. Cyr talks to us about his life in music so far, including how it all started and his early influences. He also shared some amazing practical steps on how Christian artists can get into the music scene. It all starts with rebuilding your foundation.
Jordan is another talented musical export from Manitoba making waves south of the border, with his current single “Victory” garnering international attention and placing him in the finals of the Unsigned Only music competition. Faith, family, and relationships are common threads throughout Jordan’s music. We dig into those cherished values and Jordan brings so much experience and truth to the conversation – you’re gonna love it.
What we talk about:
- The lies behind the portable CD player
- The real reason musicians originally pick up a guitar
- Rockin’ Winnipeg on the Manitoba music scene
- Connecting with the people and artists of Nashville
- God created us to be whole, not divided. Keeping family a part of your career
- Writing music for believers or non-believers
- The importance of rest
- Understanding Canadian radio standards as an artist
Explore the Faith Strong Podcast Network: