This week, we are wikiing God with Joel Gordon. Joel is an actor, director, producer, pastor, and co-founder of The Love Movement, which empowers Christians to live out their faith through a revived Biblical concept of love. As a producer and director, he earned several awards and distinctions. These included three Gemini Award nominations for documentaries produced for CBC, CTV and Global TV. He also currently serves as a Youth Pastor at Willowdale Baptist Church.
Joel Gordon and Mark Talk About…
- his childhood and his early “breaks” in the film industry
- what ultimately prompted him to walk away from acting
- moving towards telling stories that are uplifting and redemptive
- why he felt his ambitions were gaining an unhealthy priority in his life
- accepting for himself that “Jesus is Lord”
- how God spoke directly to him on multiple occasions and God led him to the path he pursues today
- founding The Love Movement and mystical landmarks in his story
- his ultimate goal for reaching young people today
- the love-overflow that impacts our passions and builds relationships that will transform
Like what you heard on today’s episode? Be sure to rate the podcast on iTunes and join the conversation by leaving a note in the comments below!
About the Podcast
Mark Groleau sits down with fellow Jesus-followers, sharing their beliefs and stories to “wiki” a better understanding of God. This is where theology and faith collide to help each other grow and shape a more compelling God for everyone.