This week, Mark Groleau is wikiing God with Michael Messenger, President and CEO of World Vision Canada. Michael grew up in Moncton, New Brunswick and holds an undergraduate degree in economics from Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts, as well as a law degree from the University of Toronto. Additionally, outside of his professional role, he is a board member of The Meeting House church and Tyndale University College and Seminary.
Michael Messenger talks with Mark about…
- the core values of Canada’s largest relief agency
- difference between a “Christian” organization and a “partnership of Christians”
- how Christianity guides World Vision’s mandate
- criticisms of the organization and myths around who they’ll help
- the importance of collaborating with others
- how World Vision gains access to disaster and conflict-stricken places
- personal effects of witnessing destruction on a massive scale
- the core of his faith and how it propels him in his work
About the Podcast
Mark Groleau sits down with fellow Jesus-followers, sharing their beliefs and stories to “wiki” a better understanding of God. This is where theology and faith collide to help each other grow and shape a more compelling God for everyone.